Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Combinations of interests

This past March, the highlight of the season at work was a modern dance company from Paris called Ballet Preljocaj performing one of the most innovative versions of Blanche Neige that I have ever seen. Not only was very visually appealing, with costumes designed by the great Jean-Paul Gautier, famous for one of my favorite films The Fifth Element, but also with it being dance, and all the lines and figures and emotions that it brings. While I may have grown up in classical ballet, and my most favorite ballet to this date is Giselle (which by the way the Mariinsky Theatre Ballet filmed it in 3D and I never got to see it, but I shouldn't rant on here), the innovations brought by a modern dance company, the ability to see and think outside the norms of possibilities are endless. This production is being highlighted because of the combined efforts of theatre/dance, design, costumes, lighting (even makeup), are what this site will be bringing. 



(since this is a new venture for me, please feel free to tell me what types of regular posts you would like to start seeing.)

No comments: