Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

red haired girl

So................................
I went and saw Brave tonight



Noth'n like a strong redheaded lass stick'n it to a bunch of skirts, eh hum, I mean kilt wear'n lads. I loved everything about it, the bears, the willow wisps, the hills of Scotland (man do I need to get there, did I mention I'm like 3/4 Scottish, basically, I think), the themes I recognized from Princess Mononoke and Princess Bride, and of course the tartan kilts

It made me think of all the clan tartans I could wear:

Farquharson, since my surname is a sept of that clan

McAllister, my mother's maiden name


Ogilvie, my maternal grandmother was a Richardson, a sept of this clan

Muir, the paternal grandmother of my maternal grandmother was a Muir, and born in Aberdeen

McCord, mother of my paternal grandfather was a McCord

But it also reminded me of how much I always wanted a ginger girl (or boy) 

I think I'll name her Imogen, or Darcie, or Cydnie, or whatever, haven't decided

because my grandma (Oma) was a ginger, a Scottish ginger, that grew up on a sheep ranch, where there were Basque shepherds, and she spoke Basque till she was about 10.

Man that hair................ they had to write two computer programs just to get it right, one to get the strands to look so individual, and another to let it move when she moved


No comments: